Tuesday, October 6, 2009

in the beginning...

so here i am. never thought that i'd enter this cyber world of blogging, but after watching "julie&julia" (a movie i really think any foodie would love) i thought it might be fun to try and recreate that, but tailor it to me :)

i am a self-prophesed "canadian by birth, but italian by heart". i've travelled there 3 times in the past 4 years and have fallen deeper and deeper in love with the people, the culture and the food with each trip. i'm also a full-time university student that doesn't know what her next step is going to be. so, with my final year in front of me and a blank canvas for a future, i figure i'll start with what i love: europe. and more specifically: ITALY.

with beginner's italian by my side, andrea bocelli in my ears and a good red wine in hand, i'm going to take "Essentials of Italian Cooking" (by Marcella Hazan, the italian equivalent of Julia Child) and cook it all before the end of the school year - and without breaking the bank! wish me luck!

ciao ciao!!

3 comments:

  1. Hello, Victoria is my friend and i love her ! she is an amazing person, with a big heart. She always take care of everyone. She has amazing qualities ! she is jolly, friendly, honest, strong, smart.... and she feels more italian than canadian apparently lol. Go where you heart is telling you to go ! i don't want you to regret anything later
    I know you will listen you heart and i wish you the best in your life because you deeply deserve it. There is not lot of people like you, you can believe me. Don't change, remain the same in your personal evolution. Be happy each minute of your life. I always be there for you my dear friend. Go in Italy ! be free !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck Victoria! Hopefully your new project will bring you even closer to living in italy! Come join me in Europe!!! :D

    P.S. Lauren, what happened to the T? this isn't uwo mail.. hahhaa..

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..ciao Bella! So how you can start your new project without my "in bocca al lupo!" I can confirm that you are italian..and i am proud of it, and of you! So next time in Italy you will cook for me ahah! Buuuut i will do caffè!
    Un bacio grande grande..me, the real italian stallon!!eheh...

    ReplyDelete