Wednesday, October 7, 2009

discovering what's available and a new addition!!!!!

as students, we are limited by both space, time and, let's face it... money.

after a day of preliminary Marcella readings, i've discovered that apparently i don't need a million different pieces of equipment to get good results; all you need is a few key pieces... -- definitely a good thing for a student with a cooking set meant for one...

here's what i've got:
- large chopping board (bought in 1st year)
- chef's knife (stolen from home)
- 2 white plates and bowls (thank you ikea!)
- set of 2 complete "silverware" (can you say dollarama?!?!)
- a million and one mugs (both ceramic and travelling)
- 1 large-ish pot, 1 medium pot, 1 small pot (all inherited from my older sister's time at uni)
- 1 large wok with wooden spoon (gifts from my sister before leaving for uni)
- 1 pan (that i share with my current roommate -- it's her's you see...)
- a mish-mash of other cooking utensils picked up along the years
- 1 microplane zester (daddy loves me! :D)
- 1 apron (direct from rome)

- 1 pizza pan/crisper combo (actually bought this year... impressive...)
- 2 8" cake pans (same with this!!! splurge!!)
- 1 small pan for my toaster over (care of mommy)
- 1 george forman 1-person grill (stolen from grandma)
- 1 crock-pot (gift from my mom who thought i needed to make more nutritious meals)

i'd say, bar the last 3 things, they are things almost everybody has in a kitchen. my soon-to-be addition???? A FOOD PROCESSOR!!!!!!!! ahhh!!!!!!! so excited!!!! will definitely inaugurate it with a very classic pesto... i think that's a good starting point, no?

can't wait to see the results!! :D

1 comment:

  1. ummmmmmm.... who is kitchen equipment obsessed now??? I don't think you can implicate me without implicating yourself... :P.

    Too bad I don't have anything here. Especially the Tagine and the panini press / grill. :( . And my oven doesn't work!

    btw, I foresee that Nikki will be very happy because of this project. hahaha.. how many pages does your book have?

    ReplyDelete